[lbo-talk] At one with my inner herbivore

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 14 13:59:01 PDT 2008

On Oct 14, 2008, at 4:43 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> That's more of a defense against tomb robbers I think.

But the Great Pyramid, for one, was never used as a tomb, and several pharaohs built multiple pyramids. The pyramids had one obvious use: as geodetic markers to relocate boundary lines after each annual flood. Keynes also pointed to what he considered an important macroeconomic function. Astronomical and magical uses remain matters for speculation.

> --- On Tue, 10/14/08, Dwayne Monroe <dwayne.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> what is the Giza pyramid
> complex if not an attempt, after a fashion, to exert human will on the
> universe?

Shane Mage