[lbo-talk] Marx in Germany 2

John E. Norem jnorem at cox.net
Wed Oct 15 05:00:06 PDT 2008

Booklovers turn to Karl Marx as financial crisis bites in Germany

Karl Marx is back. That, at least, is the verdict of publishers and bookshops in Germany who say that his works are flying off the shelves.

The rise in his popularity has of course, been put down to the current economic crisis. "Marx is in fashion again," said Jörn Schütrumpf, manager of the Berlin publishing house Karl- Dietz which publishes the works of Marx and Engels in German. "We're seeing a very distinct increase in demand for his books, a demand which we expect to rise even more steeply before the year's end."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/oct/15/marx-germany-popularity-financial-crisis