[lbo-talk] Joe the Plumber, $250k+ business owner, as average American?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 23:11:35 PDT 2008

About this new "Joe the Plumber" crap:

I'm very interested in the specific details of a) whether Joe the Plumber works "10 to 12 hours per day [sic]," b) as "a plumber," and c) because of this, in the current economy, can buy a business worth OVER a quarter of a million dollars.

I mean, stranger things have happened. Palin has a shot at being VP, for ex. McCain congratulated the man on TV during the debate for being rich. If he is rich, and is a plumber, then he is not "Joe Sixpack," but a rich guy, and not your typical American, and in an odd occupation to be that wealthy, at that.

Joe was tracked down by Katie Couric here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umw_4sGMrr0

Seems basically like a Freeper or someone who already has decided for McCain, facts be damned, lots of willful ignorance, insisting he can't tell where Obama stands even on things Obama has clearly delineated.

-B.