[lbo-talk] Joe the Plumber, $250k+ business owner, as average American?

Mr. X from_alamut at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 07:15:55 PDT 2008

I have a conservative friend who rails against the "death tax" and collects on SS Disability, cannot convince him that the estate tax never applied to him. Joking argued with him that a death tax could be a boon since if you dont pay you are not allowed to die....

peace thru classwar,   Jim Davis Ozark Bioregion, USA

  http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=141735   http://www.amazon.com/Shia-Imami-Ismaili-Muslims-Introduction/dp/1430315628/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218913605&sr=8-2

From: joseph noonan <joseph at noonan.ws> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Joe the Plumber, $250k+ business owner, as average American? To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 9:05 AM

<sawicky at verizon.net> wrote:

>> But he does represent something bigger, in the sense of workers who
would
>> like
>> to work for themselves, look wistfully at a dimly understood
opportunity,
>> and
>> out of misinformation worry that the tax system will deny them.
>
> Yes. Listening to an interview on the radio yesterday, it was clear
> that it wasn't his current situation he was concerned about, but that
> he was worried about the tax implications to that which he aspired to.

Yes, he probably worries and rails about the "death tax" too -- something he's in no danger of ever being subjected to.

> A handy illustration of the dominant mindset.

That's the genius of Limbaugh & Co. -- they really have got people to feel oppressed by things that will never affect them.

-j