[lbo-talk] Strange bedfellows

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Fri Oct 17 12:00:53 PDT 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

>> What utter nonsense. Every example of deregulation that the New York Times
>> editorial provides is located in the Clinton Administration and the George
>> W. Bush administration. I was a member of the Reagan administration. We
>> most certainly did not deregulate the financial system.
>
> No, the Reagan admin had nothing to do with it!

That's *exactly* what he said this morning as I was exiting the freeway -- I almost plowed into the side of a Big Box Store! And neither of them called him on it either. Please, I know the sins of Clinton (repeal of Glass-Steagul amongst them), but those were final strokes, not the opening shots by a long way. Amy never challenged that.

Although he didn't show these colors on the show today, he's also really xenophobic and nativist, with a distinct whiff of gold-buggery (heh, i like that formulation) and The Fed, The Trilaterals, and The Queen of England Run the World thing going on. That shit probably increases his popularity at Counterpuke.

Sigh. That's why I listen to wingnut AM radio so much, I am at least expecting right wing lunacy when I turn it on.

-j