[lbo-talk] It's Teh Bigneth, stoopit

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Fri Oct 17 15:49:33 PDT 2008

This comes up in Adorno's Aesthetic Theory. Adorno argues that the aestheticization (probably spelled wrong, but so it goes) is linked to its domination. Before the domination of nature occurs, nature is viewed as ugly and dangerous. A cursory glance at U.S. literature tends to confirm this. I will expand at request or angry denunciation. Robert Wood