[lbo-talk] Why not let McCain win?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 03:33:15 PDT 2008

Charles' tongue-in-cheek proposition is that the banks should be allowed to default, because that could bring back the SU. Which Russians don't want.

You're asking a question outside of my sphere of knowledge, but if it's worth anything few Russians have bank accounts at all and most homes (apartments that is) are completely owned by them, since they were handed out by the Yeltsin government.

It's kind of weird -- the banking crisis is all over the magazine covers, but I haven't heard anybody actually talking about it.