[lbo-talk] It's Teh Bigneth, stoopit

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 13:28:35 PDT 2008

The Gods were generally considered agathoi, were they not? There were no gods of evil in the Greek pantheon, or come to think of it in any pantheon of which I am aware.

I would guess that most pre-Christian societies equate power and good, meaning worthy of respect. Alexander is Great because he is a great conquerer. You are kakos of you are a weak little pussy, unable to stand up against the agathoi (who will probably come in and enslave you and take your women, as they are entitled to do). What is more powerful, and therefore more worthy of respect, than a big natural phenomenon, like a plague (Apollo) or earthquake (Poseidon)?