[lbo-talk] Things I will never understand: Fear of Tax

Peter Hart Ward pward at peterhartward.com
Mon Oct 20 14:42:34 PDT 2008

I don't see libertarianism as radically individualist, although in the US many do define it this way. But, strictly speaking, its akin to anarchism-opposed to illegitimate authority-i.e., basically all authority we are currently subject to.

I think this portrayal of anarchism/libertarianism as being hyper- individualist is largely a strawman construction erected those who feel threatened by it. If you actually look at the history of anarchism, it has been a tremendously well-organized movement.