[lbo-talk] Powell and Obama

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Oct 21 16:19:44 PDT 2008

>> Did he say anything good about Obama?
>
> That he was steady, thoughtful, and 'transformational'.

(at least he didn't say he was 'clean' ...)

> But isn't voting against McCain enough of a reason to vote for Obama?

Not if you're a Republican former JCS chair that got reamed by your party in front of the whole UN and everyone. If Obama dropped out, I'd bet Powell would vote for Nader.

I think shag's point is that it's not news that he's voting against McCain in the way that it would be News if he was Voting For Obama.

/jordan