[lbo-talk] House GOP leader asks Bush to cut off ACORN funds

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:40:23 PDT 2008

Okay so over a couple decades, ACORN has gotten about $31 million in direct federal funds, as well as undetermined amounts through Block grants

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1131ap_gop_acorn.html?source=mypi

and John Boehner is so exercised about the quality control issues uncovered by the organization's own workers that he wants the Bush administration to cut off all federal funds until all federal investigations are resolved.

By that standard, I can think of quite a few categories of people who should be ahead of ACORN in the line to funding cutoffs:

--Halliburton: how long does it take them to unload their $31 million increments of taxpayer cash? A week? a day? a few hours?

--the entire financial services industry and everyone who has claimed a golden parachute out of running the companies they are responsible for into the ground.

Oops. I will resume medication and abandon tirade....

DC