[lbo-talk] Palin in 2012!

Steven%20L.%20Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 12:42:29 PDT 2008

In the past, under Carter and Clinton, the religious right emerged stronger at the end of a Dem administration than they were at the beginning.  May be its going to be different this time?  In part it depends on whether an Obama administration is successful at dealing with the economic problems it will inherit. But by no means is the religious right a spent force.  SR

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Thornton" <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:27:04 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Palin in 2012!

The idea that "the evangelical community might be a stronger force in 2012 than it was in 2008, " is also highly unlikely. Picking McCain this year shows how little concern the party has for the evangelical community so why imagine this will change? The Republican party is in disarray, but is not a complete shambles, and they aren't stupid. We don't know the specifics concerning what will happen during Obama's first term so we have no idea what the Republicans will do to in response.