[lbo-talk] Voter fraud?

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Fri Oct 24 08:20:38 PDT 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, John Thornton wrote:

> joseph noonan wrote:
>>
>> Mondale was Carter's running mate in '80 and was top of the ticket in '84
>

> And that was so successful you believe this supports the idea of Palin
> at the top of the ticket next go round?

I believe no such thing, nor did I say that. I simply pointed out that the Democrats did put up a failed VP candidate for P next time around. (Granted, the Dumbos seem to have a better record of shooting themselves in the foot than the Repugs.)

> Seems to support the idea that being associated with a humiliating
> defeat isn't helpful.

Your next post says that it wasn't really a humiliating defeat, but has come to be perceived as one and I agree. I think that by '84 the propaganda machine already had succeeded and that it was irrational for the Party to put up Mondale (as stupid as it was to run HHH against Nixon, but for different reasons).

Do I think the R's will put up Palin in '12? I certainly hope so, but I doubt it. But if they do, there will have to be pictures of Obama in sexual congress with a goat for him to lose.

-j