[lbo-talk] reversal

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 14:48:45 PDT 2008

As far as aggressive militaristic foreign policy is concerned McCain is bang on:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081022.wcampaign_speech23/BNStory/Afghanistan/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20081022.wcampaign_speech23'

Sounding presidential, Senator Barack Obama said Wednesday he would order a surge of U.S. troops – perhaps 15,000 or more – to Afghanistan as soon as he reached the White House.

So Obama wants his own surge. This is the change that you can look forward to, a surge in Afghanistan and maybe Pakistan rather than Iraq.

Obama also notes:

“We can't afford another president who ignores the fundamentals of our economy while running up record deficits to fight a war without end in Iraq,” Mr. Obama said Wednesday.

But apparently mounting a surge in Afghanistan and expanding the military doesn't count as being a president who does this. Duh!

Obama also even likes to spout lines that could come straight from Bush:

“The terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 are still at large and plotting,” he said, echoing Mr. Bush's oft-repeated refrain

Cheers, k hanly

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html