[lbo-talk] Voter fraud?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Oct 25 23:47:37 PDT 2008

``...Neoliberalism has done an amazing job of ripping its own heart out, to the point that the Masters of the Universe on Wall Street had to crawl, hats in hand, for a $700 billion bailout from Uncle Sam and a roughly $1 trillion bailout from the EU...'' DRR

I still don't think Wall Street and the financial elites have learned their lesson. They don't talk the right talk yet. There is some vague discussion from what I can tell in Congress about spending on infrastructure, but it hasn't reached a howling clammor.

If the miserly Republicans were whining over government interference in the free market, you can bet they'll go ballastic to stop spending money on actual people, or concrete work projects. Holy god, that would be communistic.

I think this is going to be a foot dragging, spread your legs, hold out your arms, piss in your pants, sniveling, snot smeared face, full blown toddler temper tantrum.

(Yes, I saw my grand kids E and E, 5 and 2 1/2yrs today. E the girl turned five. She was perfectly civil and charming as long as you overlooked her diverse and devious subtrafuges against E her brother... that happy, lovable idiot. Shit in his pants with a frowning smile. Hmm, what was that?)

Greenspan, for example confessed, mistakes were made. Check your diapers Allen. The smell comes from down there. This has been twenty-five to thirty years in the making, and these guys are not going to give up their ideology over a diarrhea meltdown of an economy built around their ideas.

Same thing for Iraq and Afghanistan. Doug had Patrick Cockburn on this morning. Cockburn essentially laughed at the idea that Iraq was subdued by the great Surge, or that Afghanistan was anywere near stablized. Here is an article that covers much of the same territory:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/patrick-cockburn-the-us-strategy-for-afghanistan-wont-work-930874.html

My only hope is that Obama is enough of a realist to listen to the left of center critics on all these issues and not delude himself that this shit is anywhere near getting solved or even on the right track.