[lbo-talk] W (the movie) sux

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Mon Oct 27 08:29:28 PDT 2008

So we went to see W, the new Oliver Stone movie before voting Saturday. We thought it would be kind of like watching porn before having sex. Really bad porn that you fall asleep during. While there was some really good casting (Richard Dreyfus' Cheney was as diabolical as the original, they had a dead ringer for Wolfie, and Rove looked like the little creep he is) the characters were drawn as cartoons. It was more like a bad SNL skit extended out into a movie, than an Oliver Stone film. We left after watching 30 or 40 minutes of it. Ugh. Save your dollars for anything else but this movie.

-j