[lbo-talk] High voter turnout / 'real' VA questions

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 10:22:26 PDT 2008

--- On Mon, 10/27/08, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> As for the 'real' virginia stuff, are Staunton,
> Swoope and Waynesboro not
> the real VA? What about Boyd Tavern, Rugby, Hebron,
> Shadwell, Fisherville?

Well, I am joking, but Boyd Tavern is getting too close to Communist C'ville. Rugby is about right, though. If you go a little bit to the east, you'll hit Farmville, the home of Davis v. County School Board of Prince Edward County. Farmville is still, IMHO, a major stronghold of the Confederacy and home to Hampden-Sydney, which has got to be the most reactionary "high brow" liberal arts college anywhere. You have probably never even heard of that place, but it's the second or third oldest university in the country.

Thomas