[lbo-talk] High voter turnout / 'real' VA questio

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 27 21:47:57 PDT 2008

shaq wrote:

I saw a Zero candy bar, which I can remember seeing in the vending machines at a bowling alley as a kid. Every saturday, I'd look at it and wonder: *what* is a zero bar. *******************

A Zero is about the size of a Milky Way. It has a white chocolate outside and inside is this nougat-like substance which tastes cold, ergo the polar bear on the outside wrapper, sauntering under the big ZERO. Back when I was eight, I used to munch on a Zero after getting a Ma's Old Fashioned Birch Beer from the cooler at Mr. Booth's Store in Harford, Penna (pop. 100). This cooler had a myriad of sodas which one had to slide along rails, in just the right order to get the one you wanted, toward an iron latch which would only open after a nickel had been deposited to the coin slot on the machine. Mr. Booth also sold packets of flat bubble gum with baseball cards inside--had to buy one of those: Dusty Rhodes might be inside. Mind you, I'd have spent my 25 cent weekly allowance by then and so ran home to watch the "Game of the Week" on WNBF, channel 12, the ONLY television station which our roof antenna could pick up without too much snow. Dizzy Dean

would call the game. This was a large part of my Saturday then.

Mike B)

Get organised now for a society based on "an association, in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all." http://www.iww.org.au/

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail