[lbo-talk] Picasso and Einstein1

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Oct 31 06:55:55 PDT 2008

------------

Sure be cautious. But also be free to think about it. (It was a nice link to the house.)

Instead of trying to match physics with say painting, which sounds absurd at first glance,

Chuck Grimes

.... In any event, ask what does a mathematician, a physicist, and a visual artist have in common?

CB: Vision has all to do with light, so we can infer that Picasso had profound insight into light. Einstein famously absolutized the speed of light in an , evidently, profound understanding of the physics of light and light in physics.

So, maybe they made some overlapping discoveries about light ?

I always liked the sound of that phrase "relativity of simultaneity" (smile).

Charles