[lbo-talk] Demands that Unify , was Liza Featherstone on SBUX

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Oct 31 10:34:04 PDT 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 4:51 AM, shag wrote:

> But anyway, yes, to what you've said below. i can't fathom that
> demands for a 20 hr work week will fly with anyone though. Open
> borders, yes.
>
> the 20 hr work week, though, that would probably be seen as the
> whining of the clothing privileged and not worthy of struggle.

The 20 hour work week should completely eliminate unemployment, the leverage that keeps wages low and inequality high. That's compelling as argument and one that I would view as unifying. If successfully argues, it might pave the way for open borders, which I can not see 'fly'ing in the face of wage inequality.

xx, martin