[lbo-talk] Real/unreal - so what ?

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Mon Sep 1 08:35:03 PDT 2008

On Aug 31, 2008, at 11:34 PM, boddi satva wrote:

> Infinity - to me - is just a mathematical approximation. I just don't
> see an more meaning in it than that. I'm sure my instinct is weird or
> something, but I see myself as a completely temporal, animal being.

Not at all. It's precisely because infinity is a greater power that you have to use the idea of 'mathematical approximation'. It satisfies your temporal scientific leaning. It's the 'mathematical approximation' of the entirety that needs rhetorical conception - a concept to satisfy the need that lies at the root of the divisive 'chairs and hammers' religions that dwayne portrayed.

martin