[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Sep 2 08:31:14 PDT 2008

I think this was a Carl Rove-style attempt to beat up on Palin over her perceived strength as a "family values" candidate, before she has really had a chance to define herself. Whether these attacks have done any damage to her and McCain (or have helped her) remains to be seen.

It should be noted that Obama denounced the attacks yesterday, although he probably should have gotten on top of this during the weekend when the feeding frenzy on the Internet was really heating up. That way, he could have reaped the benefits as the candidate who "takes the high road," while still garnering whatever gains there were to be had from the piling on to Palin.

-- "Joseph Catron" <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote: On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [WS:} So you want to spite your face by cutting your nose. And how is that bad for Obama?

You're confusing a visceral reaction with a logical process, or at least assuming I don't know the difference.

But irrational as they may be, visceral reactions can certainly swing elections. Maybe even most of them.

-- "Hige sceal �e heardra, heorte �e cenre, mod sceal �e mare, �e ure m�gen lytla�."