[lbo-talk] NYT op-ed: Having money makes things worse for you

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 08:57:57 PDT 2008

I too would be happy to volunteer my Paypal account for stress relief of those who find the burdens of their wealth unbearable.

But I also note the following paragraph:

"One result is that even with the same work hours and household duties, women with higher incomes report feeling more stressed than women with lower incomes, according to a recent study by the economists Daniel Hamermesh and Jungmin Lee. In other words, not only does more money not solve our problems at home, it may even make things worse."

I don't suppose the article looked at anything about the gender gap in housework or WHY all this wealth does not relieve the housework gender gap in particular.