[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 2 11:52:29 PDT 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 3:40 PM, John Thornton wrote:

> Palin knowingly put her child in the line of fire when she sought
> public office.

Adolph Reed passed this along this morning: Obama wrote in The Audacity of Hope (pp. 255-256): "We know that many in the inner city are trapped by their own self-destructive behaviors . . . perhaps the single biggest thing we could do to reduce [inner-city] poverty is to encourage teenage girls to finish high school and avoid having children out of wedlock."