[lbo-talk] Unions mobilize to elect Obama

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:24:24 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:

> On Sep 2, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Charles Brown wrote:
>
>> Unions mobilize to elect Obama
>>
>> PWW Print Edition August 30, 2008
>>
>> http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/13592/
>
> Yawn. What Dem haven't they mobilized to elect in the last 75 years?

Whoah, hold the phone, we(NYSAFLCIO) had a token Republican in the 23rd Congressional district in New York in '06, John McHugh. He cosponsored the Employee Free Choice Act, and in return we campaigned for him. I still get dirty looks from Manhattan Dems to this day because of it.

Nobody wanted to volunteer to help him, but I jumped on it to lord it over the liberals at cocktail parties.