[lbo-talk] Betty Bowers on the Sarah Palin story

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 3 11:17:12 PDT 2008

Michael Pollak forwarded:
> 2nd September 2008
> THE NO SIN ZONE [her blog]
>
> Evangelicals Give Sarah Palin a "Get Out of Values Free" Card
>
> But it is not this shared (and profitable) vision of a mercantile God
> that has evangelicals verbally petting Palin like a pack of Emo youths
> whose ecstasy has just kicked in. No, their ardor springs solely
> from a
> rather discrete source revealed rather indiscreetly: She's fixated on
> bringing every embryo she comes near to term. And she has created an
> "abstinence only from condoms" family that recklessly makes it its
> mission to ensure that there will be plenty of them, wanted or, as in
> the case of the last two, not.

According to the pontificating Joe Catron Bowers is now simply one more clucking hen who doesn't understand that Bristol's life is of no importance to anyone except Aaron McGruder who wants to be Condoleezza Rice's only man. Or something like that. Mr Catron tells us that nothing is gained by publicly demonstrating these hypocrisies of the Repub's so we should simply discard any evidence to the contrary.

John Thornton