[lbo-talk] Palin's privacy versus her public stance

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:40:46 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com>wrote:

HA!

It's been a long time since I saw someone with the balls to segue from this:

In a way, she is another Anna Nicole Smith, the quintessential trailer trash
> and gold digger who used her sex appeal to "make it" against all odds - an
> ideal with which countless middle and working class women (and men) can
> easily identify and which "liberal elites" scorned.

to this:

Anti-intellectualism and gutter populism are formidable forces in American
> politics, especially when combined with racism

Of course, all that nasty anti-intellectualism MUST be be twinned with racism! What else could explain such a peculiar disorder? Surely not an innate dislike people have for being called things like "trailer trash" by imaginary "liberal elites"!

Woj, you've made my day.