[lbo-talk] Palin's privacy versus her public stance

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Sep 4 11:12:52 PDT 2008

At 12:49 PM 9/4/2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Sep 4, 2008, at 1:34 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>
>>I didn't listen to the Dem convention so it may have been just as
>>awful, I don't know.
>
>It was pretty awful, in a treacly sentimental empty way. But it wasn't
>horrifying like the RNC. As Christian Parenti said to me this morning,
>the Reps are the politics of Thanatos. That doesn't make the Dems the
>party of Eros, but they don't exude the same sort of death rays. Yeah,
>I know how awful they can be, I don't need any lectures on that. I'm
>just talking viscera.

whew. i thought maybe it was just me and me missing out on the dems this year to remind me. but man, i sat there and thought similar thoughts. i haven't been able to put my finger on the details -- too busy and stressed -- so if others can take a stab at the specific incidents and episodes that were most loathesome, i'd love to compare notes.