[lbo-talk] Palin's privacy versus her public stance

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Sep 4 12:13:45 PDT 2008

``...the only way to change the world is to come up with linguistic tricks...''

----

I understand the annoyance. But think it through `all the way down'.

How did we get `here' in the first place? Ultimately, all the institutions of our political economy, are constructed with such `linguistic tricks' The whole process of reification and the ideological hegemony of Capitalism is such a vast and technical world of these linguistic tricks.

This is why I think Lakeoff has only scratched the surface of his own theories. Framing is far too simple a concept.

That's why I prefer the generalized concept of symbolic forms---because such terms imply the scale of what we are dealing with, the human universe of conscieousness, society and the world.

CG