[lbo-talk] Elephant memory ...

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 19:42:15 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM, andie nachgeborenen < andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

The police are part of the executive branch, constitutionally speaking.

To pick my final nit of the evening, this is usually true, but not always. Many court systems and legislatures maintain their own police forces independent of the executive power. I suppose the rule technically holds for university and private-sector police forces, which presumably face regulation from within the executive branch.