[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Sep 5 12:20:33 PDT 2008

>>> Doug Henwood <

And I don't think it's terrible to point out that having a backwater hick who's hardly ever traveled abroad running a country of 300+ million people may not be such a good idea either.

^^^ CB: Yes, and perhaps another way to say this is that she is pretty certainly a national chauvinist and racist, probably jingoist, in other words, a continuation of Bush. We don't want another parochial ignoramus like him at number two of the biggest war machine in the history of the world. It's dangerous for humanity. Her gun happiness suggests she is likely to more readily shoot off the US's really big guns, i.e that she's a militarist. What is her position on the war in Iraq ? Probably really dangerous. American recreational gun culture is a continuation of the racist tradition of armed attack on the Indigenous Peoples of America, enforcing the racist creed of "the only good Indian is a dead Indian". This American history of mass murder segues too easily into shooting and bombing other peoples , especially of color, around the world, which was what John McCain was doing when he was justly imprisoned by his victims in Vietnam.

^^^^^