[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 5 12:52:50 PDT 2008

At 10:31 AM 9/5/2008, shag wrote:

>so? how about them mets?

They're in first place but the National League sucks.

We had a talk earlier this year about following the presidential race being like following sports. Watching the convention this week I was thinking there's a couple things better about sports. One, watching bodies or a ball move through the air with the greatest of ease, and seeing the replay in slow motion, is more viscerally satisfying than deconstructing "Raising McCain." Two, there's more teams, making for a more interesting race to the finish.