[lbo-talk] Ronnie in a skirt!

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Sep 5 17:42:45 PDT 2008

someone on another list mentioned that he was entranced by the accent, but then it wore on him. me too. and i realized why it wore on me: she sounds like the character in Garrison Keiller's skits about the 40 y.o. bachelor wannabe writer and his passive-aggressive mother. it's not the content of her speech that was like the character, though every so often there was a whiney tone that sounded like the mother. it was more the lilt? it sounded a lot like the way Minnesotans sound -- when Keiller mocks them at any rate.

At 11:17 AM 9/5/2008, Doug Henwood wrote:
>One of the right-wing PR shops that fills my inbox announces this
>morning:
>
>>We May Have Found the Next Reagan
and She Wears a Skirt