[lbo-talk] Palin update

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 16:13:27 PDT 2008

Hmm

What's good for the gander (Kwame Kilpatrick...) ought to be good for the goose. Boy could that get interesting.

I have not waded into all the details of Troopergate, but after a certain Seattle-area police chief shot his estranged wife in front of their children, there was SOME attention in these parts to special needs of domestic violence victims where the perpetrator was in law enforcemetn and various other investigative protocols.

Not sure the waves would have reached AK except that law that people from western states tend to have conventions together. The trooper in question is widely known to have tasered his 11-year-old step son for which he did endure a 5-day suspension and one supposes a nasty divorce could have had other episodes.

So it would be nice to get sorted out, what is the AK state police protocol about domestic violence situations? And are we dealing with even more sordid shenanigans?

DC Seattle