[lbo-talk] tribes, was Re: Speaking of female candidates...

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 03:57:48 PDT 2008

I was actually thinking of this very issue. I used to work with a Nigerian (from the Christian part) and this was one of his favorite subjects. If it happens in Europe, it's a "war." If it happens in Africa, it's a "tribal conflict." Sort-of like how something that is "ethnic violence" in Europe or N. America becomes a "pogrom" in the fSU. (Using "pogrom" in the English, not Russian, sense of the term.)