[lbo-talk] Georgia GOP Congressman Calls Obama 'Uppity'

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Sep 9 12:54:30 PDT 2008

Charles Brown wrote:
> Comin' out of the woodwork

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/04/georgia_gop_congressman_calls.html

I'm surprised it took this long for one of them to slip and use the word uppity. Early last spring I would have guessed it would have happened in early

summer but certainly no later than the Dem convention. I guess they hide their racism better than I imagine.

John Thornton

^^^^ CB: They've been saying "young, inexperienced", somewhat equivalent to "boy", for months now. "Elitist" is somewhat synonymous with "uppity".