[lbo-talk] Roubini on the Great Housing Robbery

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Tue Sep 9 17:20:56 PDT 2008

>This biggest
> > bailout and nationalization in human history comes from the
>> most fanatically and ideologically zealot free-market
> > laissez-faire administration in US history.

I was/am afraid this would be/is the dominant response to the Fannie/Freddie move: it's a bailout for the rich! they are hypocrites! As if neoliberalism has ever really been about state nonintervention in the markets. It's not enough to tell us that the Bushits talk out of both sides of their mouth. Fish in a barrel and all that. What does the bailout mean, to put it in a really corny way, in class composition terms?