[lbo-talk] authentically working class

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 10 10:51:19 PDT 2008

You can't completely control kids but you can give them the information they need to help them make better choices. The likes of Palin would deny the public the right to do this on the grounds that her fundy beliefs are better suited to the task. Her family is not exactly evidence that her position is sound. However the right-wing mindset is that if upstanding xtians like Palin have kids that use drugs and are impregnated while an unmarried teen this is evidence that our culture is fucked up and needs the fundy family values prescription all the more. If a fundy family doesn't have pregnant teens and drug users that too is proof that their values work best. Either way revealed truth trumps any and all evidence to the contrary.

John Thornton