[lbo-talk] authentically working class

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:38:47 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

I subsidize their fucking schools, water projects, highways, and god knows
> what else. Least they can do is admit it.

I rather suspect that you don't. According to the Tax Foundation, New York's 10th and 11th Congressional districts, which include the 11238 ZIP code, ranked 406th and 332nd, respectively, in 2004 federal tax revenues.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/2230.html

I don't know how to calculate federal spending by Congressional district or ZIP code, but wouldn't be a bit surprised if a lot of those dreadful Red Staters are heavily subsidizing your right to live in a decent neighborhood.