[lbo-talk] authentically working class

rayrena rayrena at realtime.net
Thu Sep 11 14:37:51 PDT 2008

> I said subsidize, not build. Taxes from states like New
> York fund projects in states like Arizona and Alaska,
> and not the other way around. Then they yelp their idiot
> self-reliant individualistic nonsense.

But, but... even if this is true, things don't work so neatly along state lines. In Texas, for instance, the poorest pay for the rich's education and roads and the like through an effective 20% state tax on their income while the richest pay 5%. You can't reduce this to urban state vs. rural states.