[lbo-talk] authentically working class

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Thu Sep 11 14:47:10 PDT 2008

Doug asks if what I said applies all over the US or is less likely in urban areas. Well, I don't know i fI can make a hard and fast statement. I live in Tucson, with nearly one million people, but overall the level of political discourse and the local paper is abysmal. But then there are a ton of military here and wherever that is true, you've got a bunch of dimwits. On the other hand, I think the Hispanic community is more together, but it is pretty invisible in the news, etc., even though it is large.

Manhattan, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, well the overall grasp of things is surely higher than in the small towns in Oregon, Colorado, Massachusetts, Arizona, New Mexico, Montana, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, and many other states I've been too.

Michael Yates