[lbo-talk] Obama and us

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 05:36:20 PDT 2008

----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com

Hey, I'm not "opposition." I've said he's basically a standard issue  Democrat, unworthy of all the preposterous hopes that his manic  followers have invested in him.

[WS:]  I do not get you, Doug.  You argued elsewhere that a 'standard issue' Democrat is still better than a "standard issue" Repug.  So Obama is a net gain vis a vis the status quo or MacCain, no?  So why are you so upset about the hope hoopla?  If that is what it takes to get a "standard issue" Dem elected, so be it.  Hope hoopla does not cost anything, and is pretty harmless - essentially no different than any other celeberity hoopla to which you and other members of this list succumb time to time.

Wojtek