[lbo-talk] authentically working class

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Sep 12 07:47:22 PDT 2008

On Sep 12, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> From: Dmytri Kleiner <dk at telekommunisten.net>
> When taxes are collected from incomes and consumptions and then
> spent in
> ways that generate untaxed gains in location rents, then yes, that
> is a
> burden.
>
> [WS:] No, it would be misuse of public funds. Taxes are public
> funds that provide public goods. Right wing ideology twists that
> and portrays them as "burden."...

Can't we all just get along? Doesn't the USonian capitalist state misuse most public funds--especially for military-police-debt interest- business subsidies-general corruption--making the taxes that provide those funds a real burden?

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos