[lbo-talk] tax burden (was: authentically working class

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:00:58 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com>wrote:

"Commonly accepted" by right wing pundits, neo-con economists and the like
> who unfortunately dominate public discourse in this fucking country. I
> doubt, however, that you will find such a term in, say, John Kenneth
> Galbraith.

You're wrong, of course:

http://books.google.com/books?as_q=&num=10&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=tax+burden&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_brr=0&lr=&as_vt=&as_auth=John+Kenneth+Galbraith&as_pub=&as_sub=&as_drrb=c&as_miny=&as_maxy=&as_isbn=

I can understand right wing trolls ranting against taxes but it really
> pisses me off when self-styled lefities pick up that rant. But then again,
> one of the most iritating and idiotic aspects of the US (and English
> speaking I may add) left is its cocky individualism and irrational visceral
> hatred of anything public, not to mention institutional. It is irritating
> and idiotic, because the left has no chance against the right in playing
> that game - yet insist on paying it and then gets pissed when it keeps
> losing to the point of total irrelevance.

You're the one complaining about the federal government using tax revenues from wealthier states to make public investments in poorer ones.