[lbo-talk] tax burden (was: authentically working class

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 12 09:26:01 PDT 2008

Joseph Catron wrote:
>> pisses me off when self-styled lefities pick up that rant. But then again,
>> one of the most iritating and idiotic aspects of the US (and English
>> speaking I may add) left is its cocky individualism and irrational visceral
>> hatred of anything public, not to mention institutional. It is irritating
>> and idiotic, because the left has no chance against the right in playing
>> that game - yet insist on paying it and then gets pissed when it keeps
>> losing to the point of total irrelevance. WS
>>

> You're the one complaining about the federal government using tax revenues
> from wealthier states to make public investments in poorer ones.

No one is complaining about using tax revenues this way, the complaint is that localities in rural areas who take Federal funds to improve infrastructure are also the places where most of the hyper-individualistic anti-Govt. spending rhetoric comes from. This is more than mildly irritating.

John Thornton