[lbo-talk] tax burden (was: authentically working class

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 09:12:13 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

One is a quote and two use the term disparagingly to describe a "disturbing
> part of the support for tax reduction" by the wealthy and corporations.

What the hell are you talking about? Galbraith uses the term in reference to "a head of a family with no dependents and an income of $4000" and "lower income-higher spending households." And did I miss the quote?

> This hardly demonstrates Galbraith embraces this term.

Who's talking about embracing anything? He used it without commentary, rather than getting the vapors over it.