[lbo-talk] Woman Auctions Off Her Virginity

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Sep 12 12:43:35 PDT 2008

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:46 PM, B. wrote:
>>
>>> It's okay; Hurricane Ike will probably kill me anyway, so I'll need
>>> back-up posters....
>>
>> Head for high ground!
>>
>> But it's not supposed to hit Austin so hard, is it? Anyone around
>> Houston?
>>
>> Doug
>
> I've moved down to Austin so I hope it's not going to be that bad.
>
> But Austin ISD evidently called off school for the day to start
> setting up shelters in school buildings and the news is telling us to
> get supplies, etc. Seems like typical media hype, though the danger
> seems to be less from the hurricane itself than from the possibility
> of it setting off "dozens" of tornadoes.
>
>>From Ike itself, Houston is probably used to it by now; Galveston has
> a lot more to worry about: some alert went out that being at ground
> level when Ike hit there would be "certain death." Not sure how
> floating in the air would be any better. we'll see...
>
> by the way, Hi, B. I live in Austin now.

> ____

Yeah. if it hits to the south of you, the issue will be all the spin off weather, especially all the rain and flooding. When storms passed to the west of me, back when I lived in LimpDick, even 200 miles West, because we got all the spin off weather, some people near me were without electricity for weeks. I was lucky: I lived on a hospital grid so I was never without power for more than 6 hrs. People off that grid though were hurting in so far as it is murder to try to get to sleep or get anything done at all if you have no AC in August in LimpDick. Houston's wicked hot and humid this time of year. Austin too? Or less humid?

shag -- http://cleandraws.com Wear Clean Draws ('coz there's 5 million ways to kill a CEO)