[lbo-talk] Any hardware geeks here?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Sun Sep 14 09:32:08 PDT 2008

I got ahold of a new version of MS Office (cheap, legal) but it runs slow on my PC, which otherwise has worked fine for years now. I want to upgrade the Mobo/CPU/RAM. Get a SATA hard drive too if need be.

I'd like to spend about $90 for a 775 socket board, 775 so that there is lots of CPU processor upgrade room. I'd prefer two ATA ports (for 4 devices), gigabit LAN, at least 4 gigs of RAM possible, at least one PCI-express slot. I'm happy to go the AMD/AM2 route instead.

Any suggestions?