[lbo-talk] Endgame in the banking sector

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Sep 15 21:25:57 PDT 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 11:11 PM, Disboulides wrote:

> Quit digging already. Pointing out the errors of your assertion is
> not mistranslation. And of course, one could, given the folk theory
> of laissez-faire some on the list seem to hold, point out that
> neither Smith nor Quesnay espoused such a doctrine. I do love the
> "..." around ideal though.
>

> Sheesh,

Except that it was Quesnay, wasn't it, who invented the very term, proclaiming his opposition to the ancien régime's institution of internal tariffs with the ringing slogan "laissez faire, laissez passer."

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos