[lbo-talk] progressive? no shit

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Sep 16 12:42:41 PDT 2008

I can't for the life of me recall where, maybe it was at some review I read over the weekend, the Atlantic Monthly... James Fallows mebbe?

Anyway, somewhere I read that, when asked if she were a Liberal, Clinton said she was a progressive.

Is that true? If so: fuckmedead! I can't believe I read nothing about this, at all. It used to be that the word meant, I thought, something leftier than liberal, something critical of liberalism (from a lefty perspective). I mean, PEN-L, hardly a hotbed of Liberal economists, I don't think!

WTF? I should stop there is case I got it wrong and am ranting at nozzing.

shag